Monday, October 20, 2008

Engaged and Waiting

Temma and I are waiting for our wedding date, coming up in 5 weeks!  Yes it seems soon, unless you are tired of waiting then it isn't so soon.  We got engaged officially (that means ring, which she picked out) the first week of August.  The month before we had visited her family in Florida and while we were there I took advantage of some time I had with her father to ask for his permission to marry Temma.  I think as far as scary nervous moments in my life that may rank number one.  I almost couldn't get it out, and the anticipation may have caused a mild heart attack.  Despite cardiac arrest and nervousness, her kind father said yes.
Since August we have been planning a wedding, that is understated, we have been planning, researching, budgeting, sweating over and at time dreaming of wedding preparations.  That is how awesome it is.  Not to complain, but this weekend  we worked so much on invitations it started to become an obsession.  I ran home from church to get more done, then burned out.  I wonder what life is like without wedding planning?  I think Temma and I will have to start a hobby to fill that void, other wise our relationship may suffer.  That is an exaggeration, I'm sure we'll pull through.

No comments: